Vacant lot between 1809 and 1827 E. Lafayette
View of empty lot located between 1809 and 1827 E. Lafayette, parcel 406, in the area bounded by Hastings/Dequindre/Lafayette/Monroe. Young child stands in front of telephone pole in foreground. Handwritten on front: "Par. 406, vacant lot bet. 1809 & 1827 E. Lafayette, 7-26-49."
- Resource ID:
- Vacant lands--Michigan--Detroit
- African American children--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Corporation Counsel. Bureau of Real Estate
- City planning--Michigan--Detroit
- Eminent domain--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 4 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit. Corporation Counsel. Real Estate Div., Box 19
- Content Note:
- Part of a collection that contains condemnation files, photographs, blueprints and descriptions of slum clearance housing parcels for the City of Detroit. Of particular note are areas which included the neighborhoods known as Paradise Valley, Black Bottom, Corktown and the Jeffries Housing Project.
- This photograph corresponds to blueprint bh002667
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.