Vacant lot between 1424 and 1436 Macomb
View of empty lot located between 1424 and 1436 Macomb, parcel 533, in the area bounded by Hastings/Dequindre/Monroe/Macomb. Two men pose in lot. Handwritten on front: "Par. 533, vacant lot bet. 1424 & 1436 Macomb, 9-1-49."
- Resource ID:
- Vacant lands--Michigan--Detroit
- African American men--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Corporation Counsel. Bureau of Real Estate
- City planning--Michigan--Detroit
- Eminent domain--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 4 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit. Corporation Counsel. Real Estate Div., Box 19
- Content Note:
- Part of a collection that contains condemnation files, photographs, blueprints and descriptions of slum clearance housing parcels for the City of Detroit. Of particular note are areas which included the neighborhoods known as Paradise Valley, Black Bottom, Corktown and the Jeffries Housing Project.
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.