View over Campus Martius up Monroe Avenue. Palmer fountain in front of Detroit Opera House. Street-cars, pedestrians and automobiles move about. Printed on front: "Monroe Avenue, Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "Six (6) streets radiate like the spokes of a wheel from the Campus Martius. The most important retail streets are Woodward Ave. and Monroe Ave. Monroe Ave. is brilliantly illuminated at night and is filled with theatre crowds on pleasure bent. The downtown section of Detroit is a veritable White City, theatres, restaurants and places of amusement are crowded."
- Resource ID:
- Detroit Opera House (1898-1966)
- Central business districts--Michigan--Detroit
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.