West-bound tube of Detroit River tunnel
View of west-bound tube of Detroit River tunnel. Railroad tracks extend through tunnel. Printed on front: "West bound tube Detroit River tunnel subaqueous section, through which Michigan Central trains run. Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "No.264." Handwritten on back: "Dear friends, I am glad to have met you and I did enjoy the careful driving of Mr. Clements. I am much better this a.m. Mr. Young was tired and hated to go on to Jackson last night. Sincerely yours, Mrs. Young." Card is postmarked October 7, 1912.
- Resource ID:
- Railroad tunnels--Detroit River (Mich. and Ont.)
- Railroad tracks--Michigan--Detroit
- Michigan Central Railroad Company
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Tunnels & tunneling-Railroads-Detroit/Windsor
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.