Bird's-eye view of Gratiot Avenue
Bird's-eye view along Gratiot Avenue to the east side. Printed on front: "Bird's-eye view of Detroit, Mich., out Gratiot Ave." Printed on back: "This bird's eye view of Detroit was taken from the top of the Majestic building looking out Gratiot Avenue. The first building in the center is the Puritan building, the red structure on the left is the department store J.L. Hudson Co., and the white building on the right is the Crowley-Miller department store." Handwritten on back: "Am a little slow in writing, I guess. Had a dandy letter from Bessie and am answering it today. Write soon. Will be up in a week or so. Regards to Uncle Chas. J.W." Card is postmarked April 23, 1910.
- Resource ID:
- Central business districts--Michigan--Detroit
- Commercial buildings--Michigan--Detroit
- J.L. Hudson Company
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.