Detroit City Hall and Majestic building
View of Detroit City Hall and Majestic building. Streetcar and pedestrians in foreground. Printed on front: "City Hall and Majestic bldg., Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "City Hall and Majestic building, Detroit, Mich. The City Hall was completed in 1871, and cost $600,000. The clock in the tower is the largest in the United States. The dials are 8-1/2 feet in diameter. Many of the municipal boards have offices in this building. C.T. Co., Chicago, A-17417." Handwritten on back: "We are giving a surprise party on your brother. Will Sat. eve. Oct. 25. Hoping that some of you will come. Meet at Mr. Bock. 57 Cleveland St. at 7.30 sharp." Card is postmarked October 17, 1913.
- Resource ID:
- City halls--Michigan--Detroit
- Office buildings--Michigan--Detroit
- Curt Teich & Co.
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Buildings-Majestic, 1913
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.