Woodward Avenue viewed from a height. Street-cars, automobiles and pedestrians visible. Signs include "Hudson's," "Say Sims," and "Elmer's." Printed on front: "Woodward Avenue, looking north from City Hall, Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "Woodward Avenue enjoys the unusual distinction of being both Detroit's leading business and residence street. It is named in honor of Judge Woodward, one of Detroit's foremost citizens in the pioneer days, and stretches approximately north and south. At the foot are the ferry docks where boats leave regularly for Windsor, Ont., Belle Isle and Bois Blanc Island." Handwritten on back: "3/10/22."
- Resource ID:
- Woodward Avenue (Mich.)
- Central business districts--Michigan--Detroit
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Streets-Woodward Avenue
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.