St. Mary's Church
View of St. Mary's Church; brick church building has rose window and two bell towers at entrance. Printed on front: "St. Mary's Church, Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "St. Mary's Catholic Church, on St. Antoine St. is the pioneer German Catholic church of Michigan. It is especially notable for the excellence of its organ. Adjoining are the parochial residence and school. In the twin spires are hung two large and expensive chimes which summon the large congregation to worship. No. 211, pub. by A.C. Dietsche, Detroit, Mich. Printed in Germany." Handwritten on back in upper right corner: "11/6/08."
- Resource ID:
- Catholic church buildings--Michigan--Detroit
- A.C. Dietsche
- 1 postcard : col. ; 5.5 x 3.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Churches-R.C.-St. Mary's
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.