Officers' quarters at Fort Wayne
View at an angle of row of officers' quarters at Fort Wayne. Houses have covered entry porches and are partially obscured by trees; group of children stand on sidewalk. Printed on front: "Officers' quarters, Fort Wayne, Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "Officer's Row, Fort Wayne. Situated inside the limits of Detroit, on the bank of the river, is historic Fort Wayne, one of the regular posts of the United States army. A portion of the fortifications dates back to the territorial days, including the old barracks and a winding maze of subterranean passages leading to the magazine. The officers' quarters face the parade ground, which slopes down to the river."
- Resource ID:
- United States. Army--Barracks and quarters
- United States. Army--Officers--Housing
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.