Lucius Abbot house
Clapboard house partially blocked by trees in yard. Wood fence in foreground. Handwritten on back: "House on the north side of Woodbridge St. between 7th and 8th Sts. Built by Dr. Lucius Abbot (in 1835?) Bachelors Club had rooms there. George C. Bates - John A. Wells - John Chester - James A. Armstrong - George B. Martin - Benj. Townsend - Dr. Abbot. Rev. John Wesley Brooke (colored?) and wife in charge of the house. House of John Mullett - surveyor. From 1852 to 1873 the home of Samuel Zug. Demolished in 1893. The trees shown are the "Old French pear" trees, of which in 1870 there were still standing a row of four (4) to the east of the house - a measurement taken of these trees by the writer showed them to be between sixty and seventy feet in height and in circumference one foot from the ground, eight feet and one inch; and the circumference seven feet from the ground, seven feet and five inches. Robert M.Z."
- Resource ID:
- Architecture, Victorian--Michigan--Detroit
- Albumen prints
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 5.5 x 7.75 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Historic houses-Abbot
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.