Adrian Giants baseball team posed on wire fencing
Group portrait of baseball team posed on rolls of wire fencing with manager seated in middle. Printed on back: "Formed by the Page Fence Company of Adrian, Michigan in 1894, the Page Fence Giants would become one of the most dominant teams in baseball. The 1895 team finished the season with a record of 118 wins, 36 losses and 2 ties. The 1895 Giants, from left to right, ? Walker, Charlie Grant, George Wilson, John W. Patterson, Pete Burns, Augustus W. Patterson, unidentified, Grant Johnson, unidentified, Billy Holland and unidentified. (Courtesy of Richard Bak.)" Printed on mailing address label on back: "Mr. Richard Bak" with street address.
- Resource ID:
- Baseball teams--Michigan--Adrian
- African American baseball players--Michigan--Adrian
- Negro leagues--Michigan--Adrian
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- Ernie Harwell Sports Collection
- Photographs-Teams-Adrian, Page Fence Giants
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.